Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Some book recommendations

Being a huge fan of Hades and Persephone, and having written my own trilogy based off this enthralling myth and with plans to write more stories based off mythology, it is only inevitable that I take interest in other author's takes on myth. I would like to showcase two authors, who each have told their own versions of much-loved myths.

First off is Elly Green.and her Erato's Musings series. I have read the entire series so far, and really enjoy them. So far she has written a book of 4 collected stories, and two separate short stories. All of them can be found on Amazon.

I do need to warn, that these stories are written as erotica, and definitely not recommended for children... but I still highly recommend them!!! Ms. Green obviously has done her research here, and touches on lesser-known Greek myths in her collection. The backstories are interesting, and the sex scenes are rich and varied, so you don't feel like you're reading the same story over and over when you move from one story to another. If you enjoy an adult take on Greek mythology, you will not be disappointed! 

Second is Kaitlin Bevis, author of the Daughters of Zeus trilogy. Unlike Elly Green, Ms. Bevis' own trilogy is geared at the YA audience, with a very different, but just as thoughtful, and well-researched take on Greek mythology. This is a very creative retelling of the Hades and Persephone tale, and is now one of my favorite versions out of the various retellings I've read. Her books can also be found on Amazon.

I am happy to do cross-promotions, just contact me at ememkin at gmail dot com!

No comments:

Post a Comment